Jackson, MS (March 7, 2023) – Police were sent to the scene of an accident in Jackson on the morning of Tuesday, March 7. Shortly before 9:00 a.m., emergency responders were sent to the scene of the accident on I-55.
The wreck occurred on Interstate 55 near MS 27 in Hinds County, just north of Crystal Springs. Vehicles crashed on the interstate and caused those involved to become injured.
Paramedics offered assistance to injured victims at the crash scene. Those with serious injuries were taken to local hospitals by ambulance.
Traffic delays occurred near MS 27 on I-55 while police and other officials worked at the scene. Authorities urged local drivers to steer clear of the area for the time being.
Our thoughts are with everyone involved in this auto collision in Jackson.
Mississippi Car Wrecks
Motor vehicle accidents take place every day in the state of Mississippi. There are many cases where people are left with debilitating injuries that affect their lives forever.
Some of the most common injuries suffered by victims of car accidents in our state include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe bone fractures
- Internal organ injuries
- Severe burn injuries
- Neck and soft tissue injuries
Suffering injuries as a result of collisions can force you to undergo extensive medical care. Quite often, victims are left permanently disabled following their accidents. Unfortunately, many accidents take place due to drivers who are negligent. Leading factors in vehicle collisions that we see include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fatigued driving
- Weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
These and other acts of negligence can cause a variety of accidents to take place. Some common types of accidents we see here in the state of Mississippi include:
- Rear-end crash – These collisions often occur when one vehicle is following too closely to a second vehicle and fails to stop in time when the lead driver brakes or slows down.
- Head-on collisions – These can be very serious, often resulting in fatal injuries. They typically happen when one driver crosses the center line and strikes oncoming traffic.
- Side-impact crashes – Also called “T-bone” collisions, these occur when the front of one motor vehicle collides with the side of a second vehicle. They are especially dangerous because they can cause severe injuries to occupants who are not properly restrained by a seatbelt or airbag.
- Rollover accidents – These often occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, causing it to overturn. They can be particularly dangerous because they often result in the ejection of occupants from the vehicle.
Although no two accidents are alike, victims who are involved in crashes often suffer similar consequences. The mental, physical, and financial impacts can be challenging to endear. For this reason, injured victims are encouraged to reach out to a car accident lawyer in Jackson right away.
Following your crash, our personal injury lawyers at Mama Justice can help you seek financial compensation to cover the damages you face. Our lawyers will fight to help you get the money you need and deserve for medical costs, lost earnings, and more. Schedule a consultation by calling our law firm at (888) 484-1476 to get started.
Note: These posts are generated solely for MW Law Firm -Mama Justice. The facts and information utilized to create these posts were collected and gathered through the use of secondary sources. We use various news organizations, newspaper articles, police accident reports, police blotters, and social media platforms, as well as first-hand eyewitness accounts about accidents that happen in and around Northern Mississippi. We have not independently verified all reported facts in our posts. If you locate any information that is not correct, please contact our firm immediately so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. If you would like to have this post removed from our site, please contact us immediately. We will do our best to remove it as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: We have worked hard to become valued members of the Northern Mississippi business community. We write these posts to bring awareness to the dangers of driving in hopes that our fellow community members will use an abundance of caution when operating a motor vehicle. The information in this post is not intended to be medical or legal advice. The photographs used in this post are not taken at the actual accident scene.